Skip to main content

Working with the Sheraton Hotel, Overland Park Convention Center, and the City of Overland Park, it was decided to not hold Naka-Kon 2020 the weekend of March 13-15, 2020.

Due to scheduling constraints, we have decided rather than postpone until later to instead cancel Naka-Kon 2020, and concentrate our efforts on developing Naka-Kon 2021. This decision is based on the information we have regarding logistics and availability of our facilities.

This decision was very difficult to make, but we feel is the best course of action for continuing our mission of providing a quality celebration of Japanese popular culture.

If you have questions or concerns, please contact

However, due to the extenuating circumstances presented by the current COVID-19 outbreak, we are waiving our refund policy. We are also providing the option of rolling 2020 Memberships over to the 2021 convention in lieu of a refund. Please complete this form to let us know what you wish to do. If no reply to the form is given by March 27, 2020, then purchased badges will be automatically deferred and valid for Naka-Kon 2021. Badge refunds will start processing shortly but please be aware that due to the number of refunds involved it will likely be a couple weeks before all refunds are processed.

We appreciate your support for Naka-Kon and we will see you in 2021!

Naka-Kon 2021 Dates & Event Ticket Update

March 18, 2020


First, we heard that you guys would like to know what days Naka-Kon 2021 would be before making a decision on either deferring your ticket to 2021 or to get a refund. And we are happy to announce that Naka-Kon 2021 will be held March 12th thru 14th. Because of this, we are extending the registration refund/deferral request to March 27th. We don't have a theme yet, but that will be finalized soon.

Event Tickets

We are still working on what to do with Event Tickets, whether we can defer some tickets to Naka-Kon 2021, or if it would be easier to just refund all the event tickets. We are currently working with Eventbrite on this issue and we will have a decision on what we’re doing soon.

Thank you for being so patient with us while we continue to figure things out.