While we strive to make our autograph policies clear and fair to everyone, we must also respect the wishes of our guests. Please check this website or our Facebook, Twitter, and G+ pages for any announcements about obtaining autographs from our Japanese and musical guests.
This page last updated Feb. 1, 2017.
1. All autographs are at the guest’s discretion. Naka-Kon makes no guarantees of getting an autograph from a specific guest. Guests have the right to refuse to autograph anything or for anyone at their individual discretion.
2. Autographs are limited to 2 items per person, or 1 item and a photograph, or 1 item or photograph and 1 gift. Guests may refuse pictures individually or entirely at their discretion. Items for guests to sign should be official, licensed products (no bootlegs). Please have items ready for autograph when you are near the front of the line.
3. Please keep comments, squees, and fainting to a minimum. Imagine how angry you would be if someone ahead of you took five minutes to talk to a guest and you didn’t get to speak to them at all. Limit your time with a guest to a minute or less.
4. No touching guests without permission. Ask for hugs, handshakes, etc., and respect that a guest may be sick or tired, or have some other reason for not wanting to give hugs.
5. Attendees with a VIP badge may enter the autograph session at any time, regardless of whether they have a ticket. VIP attendees will be taken to the front of the line.
6. Lines will be cleared out after the end of each session and attendees may not remain in line to wait for the next session. Instead, attendees must leave and get back in line at the beginning of the next autograph session. Attendees attempting to cut the line or enter the line without a ticket may be removed from the autograph session or from the convention.
7. Attendees must have a ticket for a specified session to enter the line. Tickets will have the specified guest, date, and session time listed. Only the ticket for the correct session may be used to enter the line.
8. Tickets for each autograph session are free. Attendees may pick up a ticket two hours prior to the specific autograph session in Exhibit Hall A. Approximately 150 tickets will be available for each session. Attendees may only pick up a single ticket per session for themselves and must show a valid Naka-Kon 2017 badge for that day, or a weekend badge. Naka-Kon will not replace lost tickets. Tickets are non-transferrable, and attendees selling their autograph tickets may be subject to removal from the convention.
9. Guest staff members reserve the right to stop handing out tickets or to cut off the line at their discretion. Due to time constraints, a ticket does not guarantee an autograph. If a guest must leave prior to getting through the entire line, no replacement or additional tickets, fast passes, or similar items will be given out.
10. Attendees with tickets may enter the line by showing their ticket to a designated Naka-Kon staff member at the end of the line. Attendees with tickets may line up at any time during the autograph session. However, arriving on time for a session is encouraged. Late arrivals may face longer waits, or may not be able to make it through the line.
Convention rules are subject to modification at the discretion of the Naka-Kon Japanese Cultural Education Association.