Naka-Kon Anime Convention

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hetalia Cosplayers
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:22 am 

I know you're out there.

I'm going to be Mama Greece this year. The idea came to me and I had to do it because I have yet to see anyone do it. Well, I ended up finding a couple online but I've never seen it in person.

I've previously done Finland, fem!America and Hungary. I don't plan to bring any of those to Naka this year as I have so many newer cosplays.

Post subject: Re: Hetalia Cosplayers
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:43 pm 

I'll be Hetalia all flippin weekend.
America all three days just different variations of him with my girlfriend as my matching England.

Friday - Pottertalia
Saturday - Cardverse
Sunday - Allies

We will have a baby Sealand with us at least Saturday/Sunday Friday he will probably be babu!Superman.

Trunks Briefs - 90%

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:46 am 

Not sure which day, but my girlfriend will do America.

The reports of my exemption from Naka 2014 have been GREATLY exaggerated! Come see me host "Cosplay Combat" and "We Didn't Playtest This Panel!"

And remember... 42 is just a number to me!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:42 am 

Bringing FIFA!Cameroon and Cuba with me. Well, Cuba's actually a maybe since I have to touch up the dreadlocks and maybe add a few more to the wig.

Registration Staff 2014

'14 Cosplays:
Bianchi - Katekyo Hitman Reborn
Aladdin!Turkey (Halloween Event) - Hetalia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:04 pm 

I plan on bringing and wearing America and Russia.

American Civil War solider, Confederate

Rorschach, The Watchmen

Naked Snake, MGS3

America, Hetalia

Russia, Hetalia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:08 pm 

Is anyone planning a photoshoot? Hetalia really should have one but I'm reluctant to do it myself. I did hold Black Butler's last year and I found I'm not good at directing people.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:43 pm 

I did last years Hetalia until someone took over for me because I had NO CLUE what I was doing so no thanks...I'm not going through with that again.

Trunks Briefs - 90%

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:28 pm 

Since there are a few people here who have hosted a meetup at least once (myself included), would anyone be willing to team up to host it then so it's not just on one person?

Registration Staff 2014

'14 Cosplays:
Bianchi - Katekyo Hitman Reborn
Aladdin!Turkey (Halloween Event) - Hetalia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:42 pm 

I might be able to co-host. I just don't think I could do it by myself.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:50 pm 

Trini and I have set up the photoshoot for Friday at 6 PM. We agreed on the following rules which are the same ones used for Chicago's Hetalia meetups. It's all pretty much common sense stuff but here they are. The last rule I added, but I think we can all agree to it.

Gestures: Certain gestures and sayings may have a deep negative connotation and should NEVER be taken lightly. Keep your surroundings in mind. For example, if you see a Germany or Prussia (or anyone really) cosplayer in a "Sieg Heil" or doing any such gesture, give them a warning. If they continue this behaviour, even if it's a joke, they might be asked to leave the gathering. Bottom line, it is inappropriate and neither the time nor the place. What you do at home in private is your own business, but it will not be tolerated at the gathering. On that same note, please refrain from wearing Nazi or even Red Army attire at your public meetup place - people other than cosplayers will see you.

Harassment: Unfortunately, this topic has come up several times. We shouldn't have to tell you to keep your hands to yourself, but...KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF. Unless you know the person and they are completely okay with it, you should NEVER touch a fellow cosplayer in an inappropriate manner. We don't care how in-character you think it may be. It's also in-character for Russia to bludgen people with his pipe, or Hungary to hit people with her frying pan, but you don't see those cosplayers actually doing that, do you? If we see any of that going on and the harassed cosplayer feels distressed, you will be asked to leave, no questions asked. ESPECIALLY if said "victim" is a minor. Bad Touch Trio be damned, we don't want to see any bad touching.

Minors: If you are the organizer and have minors that are being dropped off but not supervised, you may want to make sure their ride arrives before you leave. There'll also be cameras around, so be sure the minors have their parent's consent to appear in the photos/videos. Additionally, you might want to ban yaoi paraphernalia if you have minors in your meetup. Or better yet, don't bring them for all meetups.

Respect: Please respect the other people in the area. Some people will naturally be curious and ask what you're up to, so don't be rude to them. Some kids tend to be rude as well and will make snide remarks about your costumes. You may want to avoid that. We honestly don't need to see a grown person arguing with a seven year old. =_=;

Weapons: We know you guys love your weapon replicas, but due to an issue, we'd like for you to leave them at home until further notice. We may come up with a few compromises. Keep in mind the usual weapons policies that most cons and large gatherings have. That means orange tips on the guns, and in the case of airsoft or cap guns, please DO NOT bring the ammo and DO NOT fire them. Mock fighting is also strictly prohibited. For swords and knives, NO LIVE STEEL. This also applies to the characteristic lead pipe carried by Russia and any other weaponry that would be made of metal (ex: wrenches, hammers, other tools, crowbars, signposts, et.) If you fail to comply with this regulation, you will be asked to leave your weapon prop in your car/take it elsewhere. Should there be an incident in which this rule is ignored altogether, you will be given one warning before you are asked to leave the event.

Flags: This is a BIG issue. We noticed the poor treatment of some of the flags people brought along as props. Bear in mind that the flag you carry as a prop is also the symbol of a country and must be treated with respect. You are allowed to bring a flag with you so long as you take care of it properly. We cannot stress this enough! If you bring a flag, please keep it on a flagpole or fold it neatly and place it in a bag when you are not using it for photos. DO NOT SIT ON THEM OR LEAVE THEM ON THE GROUND. Please have respect for the nation whose flag represents.

Fanservice: Keep all poses at a PG level. Other cons have had issues with cosplayers posing in very suggestive ways. I've never seen it at Naka and I don't want to. If we have time we may do some pairing shots at the groups request. But keep poses to a hugging level.