Naka-Kon Anime Convention

It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Are you interested in participating in this LARP this Year?
Yes 50%  50%  [ 5 ]
Maybe 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
No 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 10
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:44 am 

Hello all, I hope some of you remember this pannel/event from last year. I am taking over as head GM for Devon this year and already have been working on our story and plot and what all exactly will be happening this year. It's an exciting year as we are planning to be hosting the biggest event that ever happens in this fun little larp: Imperial Winter Court.
Firstly, this will help be able to more aptly direct traffic for whatever number of people show up, whether we are prepared or not. That's another reason why I've been working on this so early, so that we can be prepared for anything. There will be plenty to do at winter court as it is the largest festival in the game's nation of Rokugan, but the Imperial Winter Court is the most prestigious and important of the winter courts that are held throughout Rokugan.

There will be contests of all different types for every character willing to partake in AND there will be contests where all the GMs and STs will be judging interaction and handing out prizes at the end of the game.

This winter court will also not be held by a Governor like you all had seen last year, but by the empress herself. There will be politics, dirty dealings, contests and competitions, and maybe an execution or two. Not nearly as many as there had been during the prior winter court.

Also, in order to ensure that myself and my other ST and GM will be a bit more prepared, I would love to see a head count of how many of you all would at least be interested in partaking in this event and pannel. I'm hoping to have two or three pannels before it to introduce everyone to the game, the world and culture, as well as help building character sheets. That is my goal anyways. I'm also hoping that Naka Kon would be so kind as to give us two nights to run this game like they had the year before last so that we have the optimal amount of time allotted to us for ensuring to get through Winter court and give everyone who might not be able to make it one day come to the second.

If you all are interested in coming to the LARP, you can reply to this topic, shoot me a message, or what have you and I can also start with early character creations for you and crash courses on what the game is and how to play. Better yet, I can invite you to the LARPS I host each month so that you may meet the other players and learn a bit of the style of the game.
Cheers loves!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:17 pm 

yes#brokoro go dirky dirky

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:01 pm 

I just finished putting in for the panel submissions and hopefully we will be allotted everything I had asked for. I have quite a bit planned for this year and hope that it will only help expand the interest in this LARP.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:17 am 

That sounds very entertaining and I would love to participate and maybe you could post a video about rules and a example...
Looking forward to this...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:30 am 

I would love to join, but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to this year. D:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:09 am 

I would love to play again. I played once with you guys at encounters and I was the one who won the sword. So my question is though, should I bring the sword? And if so do I make a new character? Cause I don't remember like anything bout my last character. Also is this the same world as the last game or is this sepetate? I would love to attend some panels to learn more bout the game also before I play! Had lots of fun! (Going to come in better samurai gear this time)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:44 am 

I would also love to join again this year! I'm coming in my Tifa cosplay, so i'm hoping for some Tifa appropriate action. : )

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:12 am 

so any way the game will be at a different time on saturday? cause its pretty much during the whole dance party :C