Naka-Kon Anime Convention

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:41 pm 

I've been wondering if anyway else does it differently than what the package tells you.
I always have two packages at a time because one is to little for how I make it. I put them in the pot, add the flavoring in, bullion cubes and water then I just cook it until the water has evaporated from the pot. I prefer to eat ramen without the broth because it just causes splashing which is annoying when wearing a good shirt. I then eat it with chopsticks while watching anime.

So how do you cook and eat it?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:07 pm 

Generally if I do anything fancy to it, it's add egg while it's cooking. I like the broth. :3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:36 pm 

I like both, Broth and no broth, though no broth is my favorite, ill add soy sauce and a bunch of spices, and eat it with chopsticks :D, with a tiny bit of broth at the bottom

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:55 am 

I generally put the noodles in a bowl fill the bowl with water then stick it in the micowave for 1:35 then let it set covered with another bowl for 5-10 min. Then drain the water and add the seasoning packet if I feel like it and use a fork to eat it

2014 cosplays:
Friday/Saturday evening: Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad
Saturday morning: Princess Luna
Sunday: Ezio Auditore (Brotherhood outfit)

My Tumblr: http://assassinoskittles.tumblr.com

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:11 pm 

My favorite ways to make ramen:

1. Cook it in the microwave, drain the water off and mix scrambled eggs cheese into the noodles

2. Cook, drain, add ranch dressing and mini shrimp

(I've found ways to make ramen even MORE unhealthy, but they are definitely delicious)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:03 pm 

I've heard of lots of folks eating it with ranch, but you were the first, Rin! It sounds really yummy. I should try it some time!
I like mine with really thick squishy noodles and little broth. My friends think I'm weird, but it's delicious!
Does anyone else sometimes just eat the noodles uncooked? I haven't done that in a long time, but I have done it before nonetheless.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:15 pm 

The dining hall at my school sometimes puts out crushed dry ramen along with stuff like croutons and slivered almonds as a salad topping. It's something I've known a lot of people to like, but I never got into it lol.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:31 pm 

Ramen noodle salad is really tasty with apple cider vinegar! I mainly just heat mine up in the microwave, though. I add garlic to it before I put it in, then I drain most of the water out afterwards and add in a bit of soy sauce. Sometimes I add hot sauce or veggies. I've added in hot dog slices too, but that wasn't exactly my favorite. :?

Adding ranch dressing and mini shrimp sounds interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:40 pm 

Guys. Coffee Pot Ramen.
Step 1: Open Ramen.
Step 2: Don't spill it all over the hotel room. Unless you're cleaning. Then have a Ramen spilling party.
Step 3: Place appropriate amount of water in the place where the water normally goes when you make coffee. You know, that place on the back that holds the water. I'm not really sure what to tell you about this place where the water should go.
Step 4: Place a coffee filter in the filter area and put uncooked Ramen noodles in the filter. You can also put the seasoning in here, but I like putting it in last like an awesome person (no pressure).
Step 5: Start the coffee pot. Don't ask me how they all work, I only know how mine works. There should be a button, though. Press that. Did it work? Giraffetastic! If not, press other buttons!
Step 6: While waiting for your ramen to cook, sing "Seperate Ways" by Journey to your cooking Ramen. Don't worry, someday love WILL find you. And your Ramen. Together. It will break the chains that freaking bind you. The chains of hunger. (It helps if you dance)
Step 7: Combine Ramen and water stuff in the bottom of coffee pot. Put in seasoning packet. Eat that stuff.
Step 8: Listen to more awesome music. Dance some more. Go to rave. Find me and thank me. I will accept all tokens of thanks, including Ramen.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:49 pm 

If it's the Maruchan. I usually add the seasoning after i drain the water, and mix it in.