1. Super-Saiyan excited! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
2. Very Excited 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
3. Not feeling it yet 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
4. Not so much 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
5. There is another convention next year?! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0
 Post subject: Covering Naka-Kon 2016!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:07 am 

So, like so many of you out there, I am sure we are all vividly and internally excited for the upcoming Naka-Kon 2016 convention! I have only been going for two years now, this past March being my first all weekend convention. It was inspiring to see so many con attendees in cosplay and in covering modes. Like so many out there, it gave me inspiration to start up my own website and surely others out there too were inspired to do the same. Seeing Kotaku sharing an affiliated article on their front page was awesome to see! I am sure the Naka-Kon board was just as happy to see that as well!

With so many smaller websites, blogs and vlogs, I figured this would be a good place to post for those who are planning on attending this convention next year to give themselves a bit of an introduction and to let others know that they will have a presence at this upcoming convention. It helps both the convention, free advertisement and awareness, as well as the small guys like us, who want to grow our communities and thus also bring in more attendees! : ) I know there was quite a bit of coverage this past convention and I also saw a few sites sharing resources and helping to promote aspiring cosplayers and the like. I think it also helps to organize these things well in advance and is a nice way to share our excitement and passions for this convention and the culture that anime has inspired.

I hope this doesn't go against any ToS that floats about in the Naka-Kon Forum for general discussion! If it does I can happily remove this post! But, how many of you are going to be attending the convention and covering it? I know I am excited for this upcoming convention! I had such a great time last year that I hope this year just continues to build on that fun experience and atmosphere that radiates from the convention.