The Game Room will host various console and handheld video game tournaments this year. Individual tournament listings, rules and sign-ups are available in the Game Room.
Also in the Game Room:
- Magic: The Gathering tournaments
- Pokemon TCG tournaments
- Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG tournaments
- Tabletop RPG sessions
- Munchkin, Settlers of Catan and other tabletop games
General Tournament Rules
- For all standard console tournaments, tournament entry will be available at the Game Room staff desk. Entry will begin when the Game Room opens each morning for all tournaments that day, and end when the roster is full or the tournament begins (whichever comes first).
- For tabletop, handheld and card game tournaments, entry will begin 15 minutes before the tournament, with no signups ahead of time. Game Room staff and signage will direct you to the appropriate area to join the tournament.
- No exceptions will be made to these entry times, and harassment of Game Room staff over the rules will result in expulsion from the Game Room.
- Tournament entry will be via a token system. Each person may take one token. The token may be transferred, but if you decide not to enter, please return it to the Game Room.
- An alternate system will be available for tournaments in the event that participants do not arrive on time.
- At the beginning of each tournament, players will be allowed to enter the tournament area by trading in their token in exchange for entry. Players with no token will not be allowed entry unless they are an approved alternate. There will be a five-minute window of entry time before tokens are no longer accepted and alternates are called.
- All players are expected to demonstrate good sportsmanship. Insults or unbecoming conduct will result in immediate disqualification and removal from the Game Room at the discretion of the tournament organizers and Game Room staff.
- Good conduct is also expected of all attendees watching. Heckling, shouting, giving hints, etc., will not be tolerated.
- Tournament entrants will be allowed an exemption to the Game Room rules prohibiting outside equipment: They may use their own controllers provided that the controllers are unmodified and do not have special features such as turbo or programmability. Homemade controllers or specially built controllers will not be allowed.
- Because the Game Room is run largely by donations, there are no guarantees that particular characters, vehicles, or other features will be unlocked. Should a player wish to ensure that their feature of choice is unlocked, they should consult with the Game Room staff to determine which system will be used for the tournament and spend time prior to the tournament unlocking it. Complaining that a particular feature is not unlocked will result in disqualification.