NOTE: These rules were updated on October 25th, 2017.
Disruptive behavior is not allowed. Disruptive behavior includes, but is not limited to:
- Fighting (real or fake).
- Blocking hallways or walkways.
- Throwing or brandishing weapons, props, or other items.
- Overtly lewd, crass, or publicly sexualized behavior at any inappropriate location
- Harassment of other attendees.
- Sleeping or camping in the convention area or public hotel area.
- Loitering in the elevator (elevator parties).
- Public intoxication (real or fake).
- Failure to observe basic hygiene practices.
- Failure to adhere to the posted weapons policy or specific event rules.
- Acting in a manner that is unsafe to yourself or others.
- Failure to adhere to hotel policies or federal, state, or local laws.
- Attendees must adhere to the dress code, which is posted online and printed in the convention program book. The dress code is unisex, and has been designed to ensure compliance with the Overland Park, Kansas Municipal Code regarding public nudity. Cosplay attire is not exempt from the dress code requirements. Please refer to the dress code online before designing your costumes.
- No advertising or solicitation is allowed without written permission from a designated Naka-Kon representative. To obtain permission to advertise at the convention, please speak with the Registration, Info Desk, or Kon Ops director(s). Anyone found posting materials on convention center or hotel property without permission will be removed from the convention. This includes, but is not limited to, hanging posters or handing out flyers.
- Signs brought by attendees are only allowed as part of a costume or cosplay. Any sign containing language determined by Naka-Kon to be foul, offensive, soliciting, or promoting merchandise of any kind is subject to removal or confiscation, even if done as part of a cosplay. This includes signs advertising "free hugs" and "hugs for a dollar" or similar offers. Any sign determined by Naka-Kon to be excessive in size or disruptive is subject to removal or confiscation.
- No alcohol is permitted in the convention area or hotel common areas. Smoking and vaping (the use of e-cigarettes/e-juice) are prohibited in all indoor areas. Public intoxication resulting in any inappropriate behavior may result in badge confiscation and weekend removal from Naka-Kon. Underage drinking will result in a weekend removal from Naka-Kon and badge confiscation. Naka-Kon also reserves the right to notify site security or local law enforcement of any unacceptable and/or illegal behavior.
- No pets or animals except official working service animals are allowed in the convention area. If you need more information, please view the Disability Services policy on our website or contact Disabilities Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dressing as or otherwise impersonating a Naka-Kon staff member is strictly forbidden.
- Attendance at and participation in age restricted events, panels, screenings, etc will require presentation of a valid, government issued photo-ID (such as a driver’s license or passport). Naka-Kon reserves the right to refuse entry at its sole discretion.
- You must wear your convention badge at all times to be admitted to any convention event or area. A badge does not guarantee entry to an event or autographs at any event. Naka-Kon reserves the right to deny or revoke event badges for any reason in its sole discretion. The convention is not responsible for lost, misplaced, or stolen badges. Naka-Kon will not issue refunds for any badge. State or federal identification may be required for entrance into events and must be provided in addition to the issued convention badge upon request.
- By purchasing a badge to attend Naka-Kon, attendees are granting their permission to be photographed or recorded by individuals authorized by Naka-Kon and grant their permission for Naka-Kon to use such images or footage for archival or promotional purposes.
- Naka-Kon reserves the right to refuse sale of a badge, deny entry to any convention event or area, and/or revoke the badge(s) of anyone for any reason at its sole discretion. Attendees who are refused entry or whose badges are revoked by Naka-Kon are not entitled to a refund of their badge cost(s).
Convention rules are subject to modification at the discretion of the Naka-Kon Japanese Cultural Education Association.