NOTE: These rules were update on October 25th, 2017.
To help ensure our attendees’ happiness and a successful convention, Naka-Kon has established a code of conduct and behavior policy for all attendees. We believe Naka-Kon should be a fun convention for everyone, regardless of gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion or other demographic. Naka-Kon cannot guarantee to any attendee that they will be free from any uninvited or unwanted behavior by another attendee.
However, any unwanted or uninvited conduct or harassment will not be tolerated. If you feel unsafe or if you have been harassed, please find a member of Naka-Kon staff immediately. Remember that we cannot address problems if we are unaware of those problems.
Harassment includes but is not limited to:
- Offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, or other characteristic or demographic.
- Deliberate intimidation.
- Bathroom policing
- Harassing photography, recording, or social media communications regarding guests of the convention, Naka-Kon staff or Naka-Kon.
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events.
- Inappropriate or unwelcome physical contact (this includes “glomping”).
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Continued contact, conversation, photography, videography, or other attention after an individual has asked you to stop or leave them alone.
- The display or distribution of sexually related materials to individuals under the age of 18 (which is expressly prohibited and illegal).
- Other actions as determined by Naka-Kon and its agents on a case-by-case basis.
All decisions regarding whether a particular action is to be deemed harassment shall be made solely by Naka-Kon and its authorized agents. Individuals asked to stop any prohibited behaviors are expected to comply immediately regardless of whether an attendee or convention staff makes the request.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the convention organizers may, but are not obligated to, take any action they deem appropriate, including expelling the offender from the convention without refund and refusing to sell the offender a membership badge for any or all future conventions. Naka-Kon also reserves the right to notify site security or local law enforcement of any unacceptable and/or illegal behavior. Naka-Kon does not assume any responsibility for the actions of its participants or vendors.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of convention staff immediately or report the behavior in the Access Control office. If making a report, please be aware that Naka-Kon is a convention with several thousand attendees and convention staff may need assistance identifying the offender. Providing a clear physical description (approximate height, weight, clothing or cosplay, etc.), identifying features, and/or badge information will assist us greatly.
If you feel that you have been harassed in violation of the law, we can assist you in contacting local law enforcement on your request. The safety and security of all attendees and guests at Naka-Kon are our top priorities.
Convention rules are subject to modification at the discretion of the Naka-Kon Japanese Cultural Education Association.