Nakatoberfest 2018 Features Halloween Fun
A brand new event for the Naka-Kon community will debut Sunday, October 28 from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. at Pawn and Pint, 613 Walnut Street, Kansas City, Mo.
Come together with your friends during Halloween week, try out some new games, and have some good food and drink while you do!
Plus! Naka-Kon is excited to pair up with Pawn and Pint for a spooktacular Halloween contest! Are you really proud of your Halloween costume for this year? Did you spend hours crafting something to dazzle the masses? Are you a casual costumer who put together a great look? Regardless of your skill set, craftsmanship, or area of interest, this is the show for you! Additionally, you stand a chance to win some great prizes, provided by Naka-Kon and Pawn and Pint!
21+, or Parent and Guardian escort.
No Cover. Simply show that you've marked yourself attending this event or bring an old Naka-Kon badge with you to the door.
We'll also have a station available for those who'd like to register for a 2019 Naka-Kon membership!
Cosplay Contest Rules
- Costumes can be from any source; entries are not limited to characters/concepts from Japan. Original creations are also welcome. There will be special prizes for contestants who enter with costumes that illustrate the Naka-Kon theme of aoharu or spring.
- Your costume does not need to be handmade, however additional prizes and consideration will be given to individuals who have demonstrated craftsmanship.
- Costumes must also adhere to the dress code policies of Pawn and Pint: Shoes and shirts must be worn, and breast tissue/ genitals must be completely covered.
- Weapons and props can be made of foam core, plastic, or any other standard crafting material, but must be obviously fake. No live steel, real firearms, loaded bows, or real arrows are allowed.
- Judging is a first-come-first-serve format, similar to the Naka-Kon Hallway cosplay contest. When you are ready to be judged, please alert one of the staff members to escort you to the judging area.
- Costumes should not make any political, religious, or insulting statements, depict any national or international tragedies, incite violence, racism, sexism, homophobia, ableism, transphobia, and bigotry. This includes race-facing (e.g. Blackface/Brownface) as well as costumes that replicate historic or current international or national tragedies.
- You may not enter a cosplay that has won a category award at a convention the same size or larger than Naka-Kon.
- Contestants are allowed to have one handler/assistant with them for costume needs mobility needs, accessibility needs and or emotional support. Please keep in mind though, that there is limited space, so this may not be the opportunity for you to bring your life-size Godzilla costume.