Break out the paints, pencils, clay and canvases and be part of Naka-Kon’s third annual art contest! You are welcome to submit fan art based on Japanese works as well as original artwork inspired by Japanese history, art, or culture. Entries will be displayed in an art gallery open to all attendees!
- Fanart must be based on works of Japanese origin: anime, manga, video games, or bands. Original artwork inspired by Japanese history, art, or culture is also permitted.
- Art may be in any reasonable medium, such as digital, paint, pencil, crayon, pastels, etc. The maximum allowed size of any artwork is 18 inches by 24 inches.
- Sculpture art will be accepted, however, please make sure it is sturdy and will stand on its own. Sculptures must be no taller than 60 inches. Tables will be available to display smaller sculptures.
- If you would like your art to be available for sale, you may designate contact information and a price on your art submission.
- Art must be submitted by 12:00 p.m. on Saturday to be entered into the competition and displayed. Art may be picked up from the art gallery on Sunday of the convention, or in the Willow room (Contest Registration) after Closing Ceremonies. If the artist will not be available to pick up the art, please notify judges/contest staff in advance and designate a proxy.
- Winners will be announced at Closing Ceremonies.