Prior to Attendance
In order to attend Naka-Kon, all attendees 5 or more years of age must be fully vaccinated or have a recent negative test result and present one of the following at badge pickup:
- A vaccine record card or a photograph thereof with the following information:
- The attendee’s first and last name,
- For each dose, the manufacturer, lot number, and administration date, and
- A line record for the base course of vaccines and at least one booster dose.
- Proof of a negative PCR/rapid test administered by a healthcare provider within the past 72 hours. At-home tests are not an approved substitute for a professionally-administered test.
Note: While testing is a useful tool to prevent further transmission, testing will not prevent new infections. After your test, we recommend you avoid large crowds and follow the CDC’s recommendations for social distancing, masking, and self care.
Based on guidance from the CDC, FDA, or other health authorities, the above policy may be amended to include attendees not currently covered. Furthermore, the definition of “fully vaccinated” per CDC guidelines may be amended to include additional booster or follow-up doses.
For international attendees, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is a highly contagious disease that may result in personal injury, severe illness, and death. By visiting Naka-Kon at the Overland Park Convention Center, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure of COVID-19. All visitors must follow the Naka-Kon health and safety protocols. Please do your part to keep yourself and others safe.
If you have symptoms of COVID-19, or simply do not feel well, please stay home. Thank you.
- Everyone entering the Overland Park Convention Center and Sheraton Hotel convention spaces over the age of two years old must wear a mask regardless of medically granted exceptions. Entry into the building will be denied to anyone who cannot or will not wear a mask that covers the nose and mouth.
- Refusal to comply with or circumvention of the mask policy may result in your badge being revoked.
- Face masks are required during the entirety of your visit, including when you arrive, as you move through the buildings, in your seat, in the restroom, and as you leave.
- Masks may only be removed:
- While eating or drinking and seated at a table in designated areas
- By presenters during panels or workshops while physically distanced
- While getting photos taken at the convention-run photo set area
Face mask requirements
- 3+ layers of non-woven material (surgical-style masks)
N95, KF94, KN95, or above rated respirator with no exhalation valve (or exhalation valve disabled or filtered).
- Fully covers nose and mouth and secures under chin.
- Fits snugly against sides of face.
- Is secured with ear loops or bands behind the head and should stay in place without frequent readjustment.
- Must be plainly visible from a distance.
- Helmets, fursuit heads, and other devices which obscure your mask must be easily removable upon request to ensure compliance with our mask policy.
Prohibited face coverings
- Bandana-style masks (do not fit securely around the mouth or under the chin).
- Neck gaiters (do not fit securely around mouth or under chin).
- Masks with exhalation valves/vents (do not prevent water droplets from being expelled).
- Cloth masks or masks made of woven material (woven materials do not provide sufficient filtering, especially against the omicron variant).
The above policy will be updated based on future recommendations from the CDC, FDA, or other health authorities.