Picture this: Naka-Kon weekend has finally arrived and you've finished all of your crafting. The con-crunch is finally over, right? WRONG! Get ready because this year we’re presenting the Iron Cosplay Con-Crunch Competition! (IC4 for short).
This new event is an Iron Chef-style project where teams of up to five will compete using their creativity, cooperation, and a random assortment of materials. Teams will create a theme-matching cosplay only with supplies provided at the event, all within a 60 minute time frame. Anyone can join in on the fun and there will be prizes for participants and lucky audience members!
Participation is free and crafting experience not required, but teamwork skills and the ability to perform under time pressure are a must! IC4 takes place on Sunday, May 28 at 1:00 p.m. CT in Ballroom A2!
- All participants must be registered attendees of Naka-Kon 2023.
- All participants must adhere to any related Naka-Kon policies.
- Teams must adhere to all safety provisions set forth by Naka-Kon.
- Costumes and props crafted must adhere to Naka-Kon’s weapons policy and dress code policy, please contact email@example.com if you have questions.
- Cosplay contest staff reserve the right to disqualify or remove anyone for any logical reason, including but not limited to: cheating, inappropriate behavior at the convention, and offensive cosplays (see glossary for the definition of offensive cosplays).
- There is a limit of 25 participants, granted on a first come, first serve basis.
- Teams with anyone under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18.
- Teams may consist of between 1 and 5 individuals. Members of the teams must be identified at online signup, or if indicated, combined with someone randomly selected.
- Each team will be allocated floor space and supplies, but please notify us in advance regarding any special needs by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration for participation begins on Tuesday April 25, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. CT and closes May 16, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. CT.
- All participants should pre-register to participate using the online sign-up form. If you have a pre-planned group of 5, you may enter all participants at registration. If not, indicate your interest in joining a team on the registration form. We’ll find a great spot for you! There will be on-site registration for any remaining spots.
- Teams will be notified of their participation status no later than 5 days before the event.
- A representative of your team must confirm their participation on-site at the Cosplay Repair Station in Ballroom A2 on Sunday between 10:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. Any available spots will be available for on-site registration between 11:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
- A follow up email containing team details and other event information will be provided no later than 5 days prior to the event.
Register here! On Tuesday April 25, 2023 at 6:00pm! No entries will be accepted prior to this time.