While we strive to make our autograph policies clear and fair to everyone, we must also respect the wishes of our guests. Please check this website or our Facebook, Twitter, and G+ pages for any announcements about obtaining autographs from our Japanese and musical guests.
- All autographs are at the guest’s discretion. Naka-Kon makes no guarantees of getting an autograph from a specific guest. Guests have the right to refuse to autograph anything or for anyone at their individual discretion. Some guests may have special requests: no photos, only one item, etc. Check the Naka-Kon website for the most current updates regarding policies.
- Autographs are limited to 2 items per person, or 1 item and a photograph, or 1 item or photograph and 1 gift. Guests may refuse pictures individually or entirely at their discretion. Items for guests to sign should be official, licensed products (no bootlegs). Fanart is acceptable. Guests may have merchandise or prints available for purchase while at the session, at their discretion. Please have items ready for autograph or payment ready for making a purchase when you are near the front of the line.
- Limit your time with a guest to a minute or less. Imagine how angry you would be if someone ahead of you took five minutes to talk to a guest and you didn’t get to speak to them at all. Please keep lengthy comments, squees, and fainting to a minimum.
- No touching guests without permission. Ask for hugs, handshakes, etc., and respect that a guest may be sick or tired, or have some other reason for not wanting to give hugs.
- The following gifts are prohibited: gifts of homemade food, gifts of pre-packaged consumables that have been opened, or gifts of pre-packaged consumables with tampered packaging. All consumable gifts must be pre-packaged with visible seals intact, without exception. If you have a consumable gift, you must present your gift to a Guest Relations handler for approval, prior to presenting the gift to a guest.
- Tickets for each autograph session are free. Attendees may pick up a ticket for that day’s sessions between the hours listed below, at the Autograph Ticket Booth in the OPCC Ballroom Prefunction area. Tickets are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. The ticket booth queue will begin as one line, and will be split by guest near the front of the line.
- Friday: 10:00 a.m.– 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
- Attendees may only pick up a single ticket per session for themselves each time they get in line, and must show a valid Naka-Kon 2019 badge for that day, or a Naka-Kon 2019 weekend badge. Naka-Kon will not replace lost tickets. Tickets are non-transferrable, and attendees selling their autograph tickets may be subject to removal from the convention.
- Approximately 150 tickets will be available for each session, broken into the following categories:
- Inari Tickets: The first 75 tickets for a given session. Attendees with Inari Tickets will be guaranteed an autograph, and will go through the line first.
- Yokai Tickets: The last 75 tickets for a given session. Attendees with Yokai Tickets are not guaranteed an autograph, but are able to wait in line during a session in the chance that enough time is available to get through the line.
- VIP attendees may pick up complimentary Tomo Tickets at the Autograph Ticket Booth at any time to use during the convention weekend. Tomo Tickets will allow the VIP attendee to skip the autograph session line. Tomo Tickets can be used once per autograph session. We ask VIP attendees to pick up tickets, so that we can keep a headcount of attendees going through the lines. Tomo Tickets cannot be transferred to other attendees.
- Naka-Kon guest staff members reserve the right to stop handing out tickets or to cut off the line at their discretion. Due to time constraints, certain ticket types do not guarantee an autograph. If a guest must leave prior to getting through the entire line, no replacement or additional tickets, fast passes, or similar items will be given out.
- Attendees must have a ticket for a specified session to enter the line. Tickets will have the specified guest, date, session time, and ticket number listed. Only the ticket for the correct session may be used to enter the line. Inari Ticket holders line up first-come, first-served; Yokai Ticket holders line up in order of ticket number.
- Attendees with tickets may enter the line by showing their ticket to a designated Naka-Kon staff member at the end of the line. Attendees with tickets may line up at any time during the autograph session. However, arriving early for a session is encouraged. Late arrivals may face longer waits, or may not be able to make it through the line.
- Lines will be cleared out after the end of each session and attendees may not remain in line to wait for the next session. Instead, attendees must leave and get back in line at the beginning of the next autograph session. Attendees attempting to cut the line or enter the line without a ticket may be removed from the autograph session or from the convention.