COVID Safety Policy
Before purchasing a membership badge, please note that currently, face masks are not required for attendance but are highly recommended. This policy may be updated based on future recommendations from the CDC, FDA, or other health authorities. Please read our full COVID safety policy
Membership Badge Prices
All badges must be purchased online through our Eventbrite order form. There will be no cash or credit card sales available at the convention.
Early Bird Special: No Longer Available
- Adult Weekend Badge: $60 (13 and over)
- Child Weekend Badge (6-12 year old): $15
General Admission Price: Starting March 6, 2023
- Adult Weekend Badge (13 and over): $70
- Child Weekend Badge (6–12 year old): $20
- Adult Friday Only Badge: $40
- Child Friday Only Badge: $12
- Adult Saturday Only Badge: $45
- Child Saturday Only Badge: $15
- Adult Sunday Only Badge: $35
- Child Sunday Only Badge: $10
Children ages 12 and under must be escorted by an adult badgeholder (age 18 or older) at all times. The adult escort must be present at registration to pick up a child badge. Children ages 5 and under are admitted free.
Limited number of 100 VIP memberships will be available at $165 and includes all of the benefits of a regular weekend attendee badge. In addition, for their support of Naka-Kon, VIP members will get the following benefits:
- Express registration badge pick-up.
- First in line for most panels/events.
- A special badge and lanyard to show your support for Naka-Kon.
- Exclusive early access to the Exhibit Hall 30 minutes before regular attendees.
- Special convention T-Shirt.
- A special gift bag with assorted goodies and swag.
- Admission to one of the convention’s ticketed events of their choice (subject to availability).
- A valid Eventbrite ticket with QR code, either printed or on a mobile device, must be
- presented in order to pick up badges.
Please be aware that we will have an attendance cap. Purchasing a badge in advance ensures your ability to attend Naka-Kon 2023. We will not overbook, so members who have pre-registered will be admitted. Online registration will be closed once the attendance cap is reached.
Educational Group Discounts
Other Membership Discounts
No other discount rates are available outside of the educational group discount.
All sales are final. We recommend that you wait to purchase the badge until you are sure that your schedule and finances will work out for that weekend.
2023 COVID Exception: In the event you fall ill from COVID or other transmissible illness, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about membership badge refund or transfer.
You may give or sell your badge to someone who can attend, but you must submit a completed Badge Transfer Form so we can update our registration records. If the transfer is not in our records, the recipient will not be able to pick up the badge. The deadline for badge transfers is April 30, 2023.
Your badge is valuable and it is your responsibility to keep it secure. Naka-Kon will not refund or replace badges that are lost or stolen. Attendees who lose their badges must purchase a replacement badge to re-enter the convention.
Picking up your Badges
Each individual must pick up their own badge.
Be prepared to show ID if asked. This can be a driver’s license, state-issued identification card, or other official identification.
Badges with duplicate names will be considered invalid. When completing the registration form, contact information for each individual badge must be entered. It is the responsibility of the person buying multiple badges to ensure Eventbrite receipts are provided to additional registrants. This can be done by adding the registrant's email address to their badge record.
Badge Pickup and Registration Hours
Please note a change in room for badge pickup compared to previous years. All badges will be distributed at the Overland Park Convention Center, Ballroom A1. Naka-Kon does not mail out convention badges.
- Thursday, May 25, 2023 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday, May 26, 2023 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday, May 27, 2023 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Sunday, May 28, 2023 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Please Note: Single day badges can only be picked up on their day of use. So Friday badges can only be claimed on Friday, Saturday on Saturday, Sunday on Sunday.
Naka-Kon reserves the right to change the above schedule if necessary. Any such changes will be announced on our social media sites.