Break out the music and find the microphones…our karaoke contest is back! The time has come to show off your mad singing skills and rock your favorite Japanese songs.
Registration Location & Hours:
Willow room, Sheraton lobby level
Friday: 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. until 30 minutes before the karaoke contest. (Check the schedule for times.)
- Songs must be of Japanese origin. These include songs from anime, songs sung by a Japanese band, songs with Japanese lyrics, etc. If the song has an official English version, it may be permitted.
- Songs may be no longer than 5:30. A leeway of 15 seconds may be given if requested.
- Songs must contain lyrics in at least 75 percent of the song.
- Songs may not contain swear words in any language.
- Backup music must be karaoke (instrumental) only. We will not remove vocal tracks from any songs. Contestants are responsible for finding karaoke versions of their chosen song, or removing the vocal tracks. You may sing a capella if appropriate for the song.
- Songs must be brought on CD or USB drive to Contest Registration prior to the contest.
- If you have not memorized your song, you must bring your own lyrics, as we will not provide them.
- Contestants must use sound equipment and the microphone provided by Naka-Kon. No outside A/V equipment will be allowed.
- Awards will be announced at the end of the Karaoke Contest.