Join the Naka-Kon Team!
Do you want to...
- Meet new friends?
- Help out behind the scenes?
- Build your resume with real-world experience?
- Help make Naka-Kon better than ever?
IF SO, NAKA-KON NEEDS YOU!
We’re looking for awesome people to help run our convention!
This is your chance to meet other anime, manga, cosplay, gaming, and music fans like yourself
while getting some real-life experience.
Here’s The Deal
Naka-Kon is an entirely fan-run convention that takes place every March in Overland Park, Kansas. Everything you see is a labor of love, from the concert and dances to the game room, panels, and contests!
We can’t do it alone, and that’s why we need you. We have openings at every level of commitment, whether you just want to get your feet wet or throw yourself headlong into the fun, crazy world of convention planning.
- Make new friends and connect with other anime lovers, cosplayers, and people just like you!
- Get into Naka-Kon for free — no badge fees! Our directors will work with you so that you can still attend panels and other events you love.
- Get a Naka-Kon staff shirt and other swag.
- Visit the staff den during the convention for free food and drinks.
- Attend the post-Kon Dead Dog Party. Enjoy hot food, games and karaoke to celebrate.
- Stay in a free hotel room at the Sheraton! (Available for staffers who work 40+ hours before and at-Kon, with staff roommates.)
- You must be 18 or older to staff.
- You must be 13 or older to volunteer.
- You must work the pre-determined number of hours to receive your perks.
- Recommended: A sense of humor and a love of all things Japanese.
Which Sector Should I Work In?
Access Control: Use your great people skills to help us check badges, check props, and manage lines.
Gaming: Organize and carry out tabletop and video game tournaments, check games out of the game library, and keep the consoles running.
Guests: Make sure guest events run smoothly, from panels to autograph sessions and more.
Programming: Attend panels to ensure they start on time, keep count of attendees, and even help rate panels!
Cosplay: Ensure the cosplay competitions run smoothly and visitors to the cosplay recovery lounge can get the help they need!
Info Desk: Do you know your way around the convention? Info desk is the main hub for the convention and needs savvy staffers to field questions and help solve problems.
Registration: Help attendees pick up or purchase badges, manage lines, and answer basic questions about the Kon.
Screenings: Ensure our screenings rooms are operating smoothly, including checking internet feeds or changing discs as necessary. Bonus: Watch some anime while you’re at it!
Sponsorship: Help Naka-Kon procure awesome prizes for our attendees, as well as advertisements and cool swag!These are just some of the sectors that need help! Visit the website to find out more about other sectors that need staff. Email email@example.com for more info.
Work 40 hours before and at the convention. As a staffer, you will work closely with directors to execute important projects. Eligible for a free staff hotel room.
Work 20 hours at the convention while still participating in your favorite events.
Volunteer a few hours at the convention instead of becoming a full staff member! Work up to 8 hours and receive a partial badge refund once your shifts are over.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply to be a Convention Assistant or Staff Member, please click the button below.
If you would like to apply to be a Volunteer, please click the button below.Volunteer Application